1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Birthed a kid.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any resolutions last year. Hell yeah, I’m so making a resolution for next year. I must nip this baby weight in the butt.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I consider being close to myself. So yes, the answer is yes.
*Leah, you have 13 hours left. If you want that tax deduction, you know what you need to do. Oh, I kid…keep your legs crossed girlfriend.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico. Lame I know. Wish I could say Europe or some place snazzy.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Honestly, I have all of the monetary items I can ask for at the moment. But I am definitely lacking self confidence due to my large appearance. See question #2 above. But you see this will soon change. I also want to learn how to love my body no matter how large, small, cottage cheesy and pale it is. So, to go back…lets add that to questions #2. My new-new years resolution is no longer to lose a butt load of weight, but it is to be comfortable in the skin that God has provided me with.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
(a) January 13, 2008: The day unfolded like this:
- Went to breakfast with Pook.
- Grubbed half a bowl of oatmeal.
- Felt like I was going to puke.
- Sensed something was up. Feeling a bit weird for some reason, well not weird…just “off”.
- Told Pook Aunt Flow was late.
- Stopped at Walgreens and bought a pregnancy test, just kind of as a joke.
- Pissed the stick and left it on the sink without looking at it.
- Sat on the couch with hubs waiting and praying
- Pook walks in with tears his eyes (happy tears).
- I spaz out.
- Laugh, and then cry. And then laugh again.
- We research proper pregnancy nutrition online.
- Sit and stare into space for a good hour.
- Go with Pook to buy pregnancy books at Barnes and Noble.
- Take a super long walk.
- Cry one last time before we decided that we were super lucky and excited about the new change.
- Went to CVS and bought 4 more pregnancy tests.
- Pissed them too.
- Positive, Positive, Positive, Positive.
- Hid the tests from my sister whom was coming over that night.
- Went to a fancy celebratory dinner at Papa’s with Jonathan.
***What an awesome day***
(b) The day before Father’s Day…I forget the actual date,
We found out my sister was pregnant.
(c) August 24th
We got to meet our beautiful son for the first time. I will not go into great detail now; I feel if I do, this post will be ridiculously long. I promise the birth story will come sooner than later.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Let’s put it this way. I pushed a bowling ball through a coffee straw. Yes, I am pleasant and yes I could have gone on and on about my cooter, but just not today. Sorry folks.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Endless trips to Shipley’s Donuts
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does stiff beaver syndrome count?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Cole, for coming into my world. And Pook for having super fast and adorable sperms. Yes, I did just say that.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
That annoying nurse who delivered my baby. Gosh, I can’t explain how much she bothered me. Not so much depressed, more so PISSED OFF! Nope, I’m not bitter or anything.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage & Car
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
See above. Number 1, 7, 8.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Every time I See Your Smiling Face, by James Taylor
- Random song I know. Pook, Cole and I have jam sessions every night and this is always first on our play list. Baby Cakes can’t get enough of this song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:?
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Large and in charge.
c) richer or poorer? Hmmm…equal.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I could of traveled more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Grub donuts and stress about pointless crap.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents and in-laws house. It was perfect.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Fell head over heels in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Live With Regis and Kelly
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Really though? Mr. survey-maker-upper-dude… Life is too short to hate. No is the answer. Please take this question out next year. Thanks and gig em.
24. What was the best book you read?
Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Blessed by Elton John
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby BOY!
27. What did you want and not get?
Oh dear lord, don’t get me started. I did not get a push present, and no I am not happy about it.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Can I get back to you on this one? Too many to pick from.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
26. Went to Catalan’s with Pook. It was superb.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Let’s put it this way…70 lbs. is not satisfying for anyone.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
I know I keep bringing it up, but donuts kept me sane. I swear I had a problem, really I did!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election in general.
35. Who did you miss?
My Nana. By the way, for those I didn’t inform…if Cole would have been a girl her given name would have been Lucy Avery. There I said it, now please none of you run off and steal it from me. By the way, Lucy was my Nana’s name.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My adorable next door neighbor and her family.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Keep on giving until you can’t give anymore.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Every time I see your face, I have to smile myself because I looooooove you, yes I do. Whenever you give me that pretty little pout you turn me inside out, there is something about you bebe, I don’t know. Isn’t it crazy a man (I say woman) like me can feel this way, tell me how much longer because it gets stronger every daaaaaaaaaaay..”