Fact #9 : My friend (I will conceal her name, so let’s refer to her as Jane) and I got in trouble for calling a trashy chat line when we were younger ... “Where it’s so easy to stick it in….ohhhhhhhh your credit card that is”.
You see, Jane and I have been friends since grade school. We were not the brightest of kids, but we had a hell of a time.
Here’s how this one went down…
- We knew a fella (hello Evin) that told us to call a phone number.
- The number was 1-800-FAT-GIRL.
- No I’m not joking, how could I make this up?
- Once we called the number a answer machine picked up. The lady on the message told us he was transfering our call to another 1-900 number.
- We thought it would be hilarious just go with it.
- We learned the hard way that 1800 numbers and 1900 numbers are not the same thing.
- 1800 numbers are free.
- 1900 numbers are NOT!
- This particular 1900 number was based out of Cambodia or some crazy place because they charged a butt load for each second we stayed on the line.
- Our parents got the phone bills.
- They got extremely pissed off.
- They thought we were the most perverted little kids ever.
- They basically hated us for a year or so after the incident.
- The End.