3.04.2009

Bitter Sweet Announcement

As of today, March 4, 2009, I plan on charging for my photo sessions. I really do take pleasure in providing my friends (or friends’ families, or a friend-of-a-friend) with free sessions. Consequently, I also realize that if I want to be able to purchase the equipment required to maintain this hobby of mine, then I need to grow some balls and start charging already. I realized that I was actually losing money, because dude, photography equipment/software is not cheap!


 


I really hate having to do this, but it’s what needs to happen. I realized that something was not right when I caught myself saying, “Oh, you’re my brothers, friends, sisters, aunts, grandma….FREE OF CHARGE!” With that being said, I have researched several photographers pricing and created a price list of my own. Personally, I think that it’s reasonable and considerably cheaper that most other photographers in the area.


 


I want to thank each and every one of you that have helped me develop my portfolio by donating your children, yourself and your time.  There were many of you whom offered generous donations even after I insisted that you need not pay. With the help and support from you guys, I was able to purchase a few necessities for my new “studio”. You all are awesome, thanks for everything! And most of all thank you for the numerous referrals. You have no idea how happy this makes me.


 


Prices are located on my website.


 


www.laneharris.com


 


XOXO,


Lane


 


p.s. I have already discussed this change with many of my friends, and as you may be aware, this was not easy decision for me to make. Quite frankly, I am pretty nervous about what is to come of the future…

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I thought you were going to say you're pregnant! :)

Dana said...

Of course you should charge people! We are totally paying in full for our family session and my mom was already planning to pay for photos of her horses. We all want you to succeed at your dream job.

Kenna said...

I'm Pissed....totally kidding! I will pay you....
You = amazing photogtapher!

Ali said...

You won't get a dime out of me. You still owe your portion of the naughty phone bill.

;)

Rachel said...

Hey Lane! I've added you to my Google Reader now :) we are officially blog buddies :) and I'll have to go check out your photography site too! :)