12.15.2009

What Would I Do Without Tootsie?

Today has been one of the best days in a long time. I feel kind of bad for saying this, but maybe it has a little to do with the fact that it's the first day that I have had to myself in a long, long time. Cole is at Tootsie and Groucho's house and has been there since last night. As I was sitting my happy ass on the couch last night, eating my Angus burger (ohmygoshsofreakinggood! McDonalds why did you do this to me?) and Mom called to tell me that Swazie took a huge crap on the floor while she was at Walgreens. Dad was watching Cole and when she walked in the door she noticed dog shit smeared all over the floor and Cole in the sink getting a scrub down. I could not help but laugh a little on the inside and thank God that it was their problem and not mine. Selfish much? I know, but that's been my mood pretty much this whole month of December. At the same time though, I am so very grateful that I have parents that are willing to help me out so much. Thanks Mom and Dad you guys are the best. I had great plans to walk Memorial Park and finish Christmas shopping at the Galleria today, but instead I just made the executive decision to sit here on my butt, in my filthy house, watching movies until it's time to go scoop up the Cole-Man. Don't get me wrong, I miss the baby cakes dearly, but hot damn I forget what it's like to have free time, and I'm enjoying every second of it. Thanks Mom, you're the best!

No comments: