9.17.2007

Day One: Playa Del Carmen

I decided it will be easier to submit posts of Leah & David's wedding, day-by-day instead of one ridiculously massive post. So here we are at day 1, Wednesday September 5th. It was an early morning. We had to leave the house at 6:15am, but my parents lied to me and told me we had to leave at 6:00am just to make sure I was ready on time. I hate it they pull this crap, but I decided to let it fly this time, just because it was my sister’s weekend. So, all 7 of us piled into the truck. Yes, as we drove through rush hour traffic I swear people thought my dad picked us up to work his lawn service for the day.

The backseaters, with the wedding dress in tow
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As you can see, my dear mother has a hard time opening her eyes in pictures, but we love her anyways. Everything went smoothly at the airport and we made it to Mexico in no time. A shuttle bus scooped up the crew and we were off to Playa. They passed out Corona's on the bus, which made the bus ride that much more rowdy.

Leah & The Woodster
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Aaron & Holly
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We made it to the resort around 2ish, and I was ready to hit the beach. Too bad the Bridezilla had other plans in store. So, instead of hitting the beach I decided to be a good matron of honor, and I went to Sam's Club to help pick out items to go in the guests bags that Leah made. By the way, the bags were adorable and Leah did a fabulous job.

See, told you she was a beast
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am just kidding.
Leah was really not a beast or for that matter a bridezilla, but she got pretty darn close. Although she had her moments, I have to say that she was the most relaxed bride I have ever met. That's if I don't count myself of course, ha! I tell you what, she did not stress over her hair, makeup, dress or bridesmaids dress. The only thing I can remember her freaking out over and over again was her DAMN nails. And I really don't think anyone noticed that one nail was a millimeter shorter than the others.

Mom, I know it is Mexico and all...but I don't think they bargain at Sam's
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My favorite part about the Sam's trip was that they allowed me to walk through the store drinking my beer like it was nobody's business. Man I love taking advantage of the freedom they give you in Mexico. We got home from the store, threw the bags together and finally I was off to the beach.

Beautiful wouldn't you say?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was a great start to a fun filled vacation. More to come later, in the mean time I will leave you guys with a picture of the family.

The Russell, Harris, Wood Crew
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Leah said...

WHOOP! Good Times!