7.30.2009

Lane Harris Photography Studio Make Over In Pictures

Before: Room used to be the guest room.


 


1-22.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Before: As you can see, not very cute.


 


2-16.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Before: You get the point right?


 


3-9.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Moved all the furniture out, ready to paint.


 


4-12.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Cole helped paint.


 


5-8.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Next, I had to rip up all the damn carpet, pop up the tack strips, and the worst part of the entire process ... I had to scrub and scuff every single speck of carpet glue up from the concrete. It really was a biootch!


 


6-6.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


This is how I felt about the project at the time.


 


7-7.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Kitty attempted to help, but instead she was just in the way.


 


8-6.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Painted the floor a soft khaki and then Dad and Pook helped install the quarter round, which was also a huge PAIN!


 


9-3.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


 


 


Introducing ... THE FINISHED PRODUCT


...................................................................................................................................................................................................................


 


 


Entrance.


 


new3.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


I painted this above the window


 


new5.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Birds eye view


 


new4.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


My work station


 


new6.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


This is the gallary wrap that I ordered to hang on the wall. So proud of it too! My favorite part is the different colors on the sides.


 


new7.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


This is the fine art wall mural that I was talking about. I love it!


new.jpg picture by Lanie5411


 


 


Hall way and then the bathroom in the way back. The reason the hall is brown, I ran out of paint and refused to buy a whole gallon more. So I found this lovely brown tone in the garage. Not bad, eh?


 


new2.jpg picture by Lanie5411

7 comments:

Dayna said...

It looks great!

Jaimie said...

Ok Lane and I mean this with nothing but Luv but, you make me sick with your creative talent. What you have done in your home, with pics, and crafts, you really have a gift. It is wonderful!!! So when we get a house, and we will soon you will HAVE to make the journey to Katy to help me decorate! Keep it up!

Kelly said...

I'm so impressed! You did a phenomenal job, and I can't wait to see all the images created in this space. I'll need rental info and pricing :)

Christina said...

looks awesome lane... i am so glad you are following this dream... you are wonderful at it! you deserved the other day "this is the life" for all this hard work you did :)

Kenna said...

O.M.G. ~ That's all I have to say. (I mean that in a good way, by the way!)

Mom(Tootsie) said...

I read this quote the other day and I thought of you.

...the voice we should listen to most as we choose a vocation is the voice that we might think we should listen to least, and that is the voice of our gladness. I believe that if it is a thing that makes us truly glad, then it is a good thing and it is our thing and it is the calling voice that we were made to answer with our lives.

Caroline Hoffman said...

Looks awesome!